If you would like to bulk-enable Medianet’s metadata on Cisco endpoints running software TC6.0 and higher, you can do so using TMS Configuration Template with a custom API command. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Systems > Configuration Templates > Configuration Templates.
- Create new configuration template or edit an existing one.
- Click on ‘Select Advanced Settings’ tab and use the filter to search for ‘custom configuration’ for ‘Cisco TelePresence TC Endpoints’:
- Select the ‘Custom Configuration’ setting and click ‘>’ to add it to the settings list.
- Switch to ‘Template Settings’ tab and paste the following string in the ‘Custom Configuration’ line:
<Configuration> <Experimental item="1"> <NetworkServices item="1"> <Medianet item="1"> <Metadata item="1">On</Metadata> </Medianet> </NetworkServices> </Experimental> </Configuration>
- Save the template. You’re done!
Test the configuration by applying the new template to a single endpoint and confirm that there were no errors and the setting has been changed successfully.